Click Here To Claim Some Money?

by | Aug 17, 2015 | Wage and Overtime Law

Yes, that’s right… it’s no joke. A website that lets you claim money – and from the government, no less. The Miami Herald just reported on this topic.

The Wage and Hour Division of the Department of Labor recently launched its WOW website. WOW stands for Workers Owed Wages.

The Department of Labor wants to let people know that it has entered agreements with companies to pay their employees Minimum Wages and/or Overtime Wages as a result of violating the Fair Labor Standards Act (or FLSA).

All you have to do is to go to the WOW Website (WOW ) and type in the name of the company, then enter your name to see if you are eligible.

While sometimes the a company’s settlement with the Department of Labor is fair to the employee, I often see that a private action by the employee would have resulted in more money for the employee. One reason for this difference is that the Department of Labor is limited in the amount that it can collect in back wages for employees.

The FairLaw Firm knows how to use the FLSA to recover not only back overtime wages and/or minimum wages for an employee, but also an additional and equal amount of money as a penalty. This means that while the Department of Labor may have gotten you your money, the FairLaw Firm could be able to get you twice that amount.

The FairLaw Firm is happy to evaluate whether you should accept the money or to pursue a separate action, and this evaluation is FREE OF CHARGE as part of my firm’s free consultation – so click here for the FairLaw Firm’s Contact Information.

Quick Response Contact Form

Contact Us Today

map marker alt

135 San Lorenzo Avenue Suite 770
Coral Gables, Florida 33146

Monday-Friday: 8am-6pm

Wage Rights Blogs